Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A Basket of Flowers for Mom






I think this card is going to be either my Easter card for my parent's or my mother's birthday card.  It is one of my favorite cards that I've made using the Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles.

Since the largest die in the Ornate Pierced Rectangles is 6.5" long, I couldn't just fold a piece of 12 x 12 paper to make the card base with this die.  So I cut two of the largest rectangles in the set and adhered them to make a card base.


I cut a separate strip of paper measuring 3 3/8 x 1 1/4 for the hinge to hold the two rectangles together.  I used the 3 3/8 size because that was the width of the top of the rectangle before getting to the corners.  Then I folded the paper in half lengthwise, adhered one side to the plain rectangle that would become the bottom of the card, then lined up the decorated top rectangle and adhered that with double sided tape.


The basket I used on my card is the Frantic Stamper Easter Basket (FRA-DIE-09389).  I filled the basket with the smallest flower in the Cheery Lynn Floral Bouquet kit B777.  The greenery is also from the same Floral Bouquet kit; I cut some in a shimmer green paper and the other in clear vellum.

The bow at the top of the basket is from the Cheery Lynn Special Occasions set B242.

I filled the flower centers with some tiny pearl flowers that I purchased on eBay years ago.



If an item you want to purchase is currently out of stock at the Dies R Us store, you can click to be notified by email once it is back in stock.  It doesn't take long for the store to restock items.  And the best part is, USA orders over $50 ship for FREE!  You don't find that very often anywhere else.

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann

3 comments:

  1. This is so darling Ann! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Ann! Thanks for showing us how you put the base together! The basket of flowers is very pretty using lovely spring colors!!! Whoever gets it, they will love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bouquet for this basket, I love the details in the basket and flowers, Lovely!

    ReplyDelete