Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Pail of Hollyhocks


I had been wanting to make a card with the Impression Obsession Hollyhocks (DIE169) for a while since I hadn't used this die in over a year now; it's just such a pretty die.

I paired the hollyhocks with the Impression Obsession Pail (DIE164) die which I cut out with silver mirror board.

The frame is the Sue Wilson Pacific Ocean Collection Background die (CED12001).  When cutting with this background die, the edges of the outer rectangle do not detach from the paper; the die cut stays on the paper until you cut a frame around it:



After you remove the inner rectangle, this is what it looks like:


I trimmed around the outer edges of the largest rectangle to detach it from the paper, leaving just over an 1/8 of an inch so I could use my score tape to adhere the backing paper:


Once the backing paper was adhered, I needed to adhere the smaller, inner rectangle.  When I placed the smaller rectangle inside the frame, some of the pink backing paper showed around the edges, so I used a black marker and colored in some of the pink paper all the way around the inner frame:



I decided to fill the bucket with as many hollyhocks as I could and not use any leaves:




Thanks for stopping by -- Ann









2 comments:

  1. so love your idea for the bucket using the mirror card, love the pretty combo of colors for the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ann...this is darlin, luv the scroll die cutting, very pretty! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete