Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Belated Valentine Cards

Just a few cards  I made for my niece and nephew who are away at college, but they could also be used as Valentine cards.


For both cards, I used the heart from the flower stamp in the  I'm Owl Your's Open Studio Stamp Set by Memory Box.



I stamped the heart with VersaMark embossing ink on a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of vellum that was folded in half to make the card base.  Then I heat embossed with some very fine gold embossing powder.  I used my MISTI to line up the hearts on the second card.

To color the hearts,  I used some Copics and colored from the back side of the vellum.

These are the Copics I used for the purple hearts:







The Happy Happy Happy is by Frantic Stamper.  I cut it on some metallic gold paper that best  matched the gold embossing powder.  The "hugs" and "kisses" are also by Frantic Stamper.  They are from the Accessory Words #3 set.

Frantic Stamper Accessory Words #3

The ampersand is an old Sizzix die I had but there are a few ampersand dies in the Dies R Us Store.

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann









2 comments:

  1. These are sweet Ann! I'm sure your niece and nephew must love getting happy mail from their aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing with these pretty colors, they compliment each other so well!

    ReplyDelete