Thursday, March 30, 2017

Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire Cards

Below are two cards that I made using the Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire die.  After cutting the die on a lavender card stock for my first card, all the hexagon shaped pieces stayed on the cutting plate as I pulled off the die cut.  I figured, "why not use those pieces to make a second card", and I did.

This is the first card:


I mounted the Chicken Wire die onto a piece of designer paper and cut the Floral Bouquet flower with colors from the background paper.  These have become my favorite two dies; the Chicken Wire and the Floral Bouquet Kit.  I love the intricate detail to the Chicken Wire die which shows up even more when you use a piece of foil card stock with it like I did on my butterfly card.

To get the hexagon shaped pieces to stick to a piece of paper and not move around (even though I did lose a few), I rubbed a piece of double sided Scor-tape paper right onto the cutting plate, pressing down on the individual pieces so they'd stick.  I then peeled off the adhesive from the cutting plate and sprinkled on some purple embossing powder and heated it to melt into the Scor-tape sheet.


The backing paper was still on this so I peeled that off and stuck the entire sticky sheet with the hexagons to a piece of purple glitter paper and began making the rest of the card.



I purposely left off any sentiments on my cards so I could use them as needed in the future.

These are the dies I used on my cards:

Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire FRM144, Cheery Lynn Floral Bouquet B777, Cheery Lynn Special Occasions B242 (bow and ribbons)


I appreciate your taking the time to stop by ~ Ann


6 comments:

  1. Love your happy spring colors, Ann! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous card designs using a single die cut! Beautifully done, Ann! I almost prefer your second creation, but they are both so pretty, I cannot decide! Your colorful floral sprays are the perfect complement to those backgrounds. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so pretty Ann ... but I think the pink is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome designs! I think I need that chicken wire die!!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Ann! Those flowers are some of my favorites and they look great against that chicken wire die. Fabulous cards my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a terrific job with both of your cards, I love how you balanced off the corners in the second card!!

    ReplyDelete