Monday, March 20, 2017

Penny Black Poppy Pattern

This is the card that was a result of my first attempt using the Penny Black Poppy Pattern stamp:


In a previous blog post, I explained how I learned from my mistakes when watercoloring with stamps.  I had not let the red ink dry before applying the black ink centers to the flowers, causing the black to run into the red.  Easy fix for this card was just to adhere a butterfly on top of the flower with the most black runoff.

Items used:  Penny Black Poppy Pattern, Frantic Stamper Monarch Butterfly, Sue Wilson Stitched Lattice Frames.


5 comments:

  1. How lovely, Ann! I am always happy learning as I go, and the effect on this creation is just beautiful! I have not played with my MISTI in this way yet! Pretty lacy filagree butterfly tops the pretty colors off perfectly! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to learn how stuff works. Great save with this wonderful BG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and a great save Ann! I never would have noticed that the butterfly covered that spot had you not said anything. It's such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty stamping, great save with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, really captures spring :)

    ReplyDelete