Monday, March 27, 2017

Pink and Burgundy Hugs


I've always liked a combination of pinks and burgundy, so when I saw this card by Donna Ellis,  I knew it was time to make a card with these colors.

After cutting the largest petal of the Perfect Peony set three times  (for each flower), I inked the edges with Aged Mahogany distress ink then applied some glue and very fine glitter to the edges.  I did the same with the tiniest petal die in the set for the flower centers.  I rolled the back side of the petals with a stylus then turned them over and pressed real hard in the centers with a large stylus.

Here's a close-up of the flower:


The base of the card is the largest die in the SW Ornate Pierced Rectangles.  I folded a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 pink paper in half then placed the cut line of the die so it was hanging over the fold of the card, leaving a complete card base with front and back attached to each other at the fold.  The card fits perfectly into an envelope that measures 8 3/4 x 5 3/4.

Products Used:  Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles, Sue Wilson Perfect Peony Complete Petals, Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves, Sue Wilson Caribbean Island Collection - St. Lucia,  Technique Tuesday Say It Hugs, Creative Craft Essentials Basket Weave EF


3 comments:

  1. Those 2 colors are so striking together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! These colors are really great together and I love that flower dipped in sparkles. Gorgeous Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the glitter on the flowers, wonderful touch, I saw some flowers at the store like this the other day and thought I could so that I am not going to buy them :) I do love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete