Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Religious Ornate Pierced Rectangles Cards


The above card was made using Dee's Distinctively Praying Hands, a cross from Spellbinders Crosses 2, and Sue Wilson's Ornate Pierced Rectangles.







For the stained glass window card above, I used the Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles and paper pieced the center with pieces of various colors of glitter paper to get a stained glass look.  I cut the center die 5 times, once on each color of glitter paper and once in black:


I adhered the black die cut to a black background.  If I had used a white background, some of the white may have shown through when putting the tiny pieces back in.


The four colors of glitter paper that I used:


After adhering all the pieces back in:



I then cut the second largest ornate rectangle in the set, along with the intricate frame die.  The words "Faith" and "Rejoice" are from Dee's Distinctively Religious Greetings die set.




The cross in the middle is from Spellbinder's Crosses 2.

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Ann, these are amazing! The stained glass card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stained glass card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! What a fantastic use of that die, Ann! I love that you created a vibrant stained glass art piece, and that it is all perfectly inlaid. You could potentially make 2 or 3 cards from the pieces. Fabulous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both, your stained glass really turned out terrific, pretty sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the praying hands card, beautiful. I live near you :)

    ReplyDelete