Sunday, March 19, 2017

Stained Glass Roses



Today's card uses the Single Rose by Paper Smooches.  I cut it out on gold foiled cardstock three times.

For the background behind the roses and leaves, I swiped a piece of white cardstock through some watered down distress inks:  Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Peeled Paint.    After the inks were dry on the paper, I then brushed on some Clear Sparkle Texture Paste and let that dry.

I glued just the rose part of the flower, using a glue pen, to the inked paper then fussy cut around the edges.  Then I glued the leaf part to the green inked cardstock and fussy cut around it.

This is a close up of the flowers in an attempt to show the sparkle from the texture paste:






To finish the card I used one of my favorite Happy Birthday stamps.

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann

2 comments:

  1. Those roses are gorgeous Ann and I just love the gold around them! What a great technique to amp up die cut flowers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the coloring and terrific gold outline of it, I have never used that sparkle paste it worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete