Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles Mother's Day Card


Yes, I am still playing with the Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles dies.  This time I stamped in the middle and framed it with a combination of Worn Lipstick and Frayed Burlap papers.

I used one of the new Penny Black Slapstick Cling stamps called Magnolia Rhapsody 40-535.  I colored directly on the stamp with Worn Lipstick, Brushed Corduroy, and Peeled Paint distress markers then spritzed the stamp with water and left it at that.

To make the card I started by cutting the second largest die in the set along with the detailed die on the Frayed Burlap paper:


Then I cut the second and third largest octagon shaped dies with the Worn Lipstick paper.  The larger octagon was to back the first die cut on the Frayed Burlap paper and the smaller die cut was for the center of the card.

I wanted the Worn Lipstick cardstock to show in the center of my card and not just the stamped image.  I am the type of person who likes perfect layers, so I put the stamped image inside the third smallest octagon and traced around the inside of the die:


This is what it looked like:


I was then able to use my paper trimmer and cut on the pencil lines and layer this on top of my Worn Lipstick octagon:


The last step was to cut the smaller of the two "Mom" dies that come in the Cheery Lynn Mom set of two.

This is what the card looks like after I trimmed around the white card base to the shape of the layers:


I'm already thinking of other colors and ways to use this beautiful die set.


Thanks for stopping by -- Ann



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamp technique, Ann! Like you, I am in awe of this particular SW frame, and could use it on just about every card! It's so pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Mother's day card! Those frames are awesome, and the watercolor blooms are so pretty. I like to do that with my PB stamps too...each one is always so different.. fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Ann, this is stunning! What a great tip for creating a perfectly sized matte for that beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann, I think this is one of my favorites, beautiful colors, those flowers are just lovely and the whole framing just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the water spritz technique is perfect for this stamp!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete