Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Frames and Tags Gillian


Sue Wilson made a card similar to this which can be seen here.  I knew when I saw her card that I wanted to try the technique with a die I had -- the Gillian.


The Gillian comes with an outer die that, if used with the doily die, would totally detach the die cut from your paper.  I wanted the die to stay in the paper so I cut it without the outer frame.

Sue also used pixie powders for her background but since I don't have any pixie powders, I used a piece of colorful scrapbook paper, which I also used for the flower.  The finished size of this card is 8" x 5.75".

Dies used on my card:

Sue Wilson Frames and Tags Gillian, Sue Wilson Stitched Flags, SW Delicate Daisies Complete Petals, SW Orange Blossom Leaves, SW Double Pierced Background Rectangles, Dee's Distinctively Berry Sprigs

Here's Sue's card:




Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann



6 comments:

  1. Love the colors and pop-up flowers! This card truly is a gift in itself, Ann! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Showers and/or Flowers” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! The black just makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking how GENIUS it is to use pattern paper behind the die cuts instead of mica powders and such. LOOKS FABULOUS, Ann! I love the technique and the card - so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, what a great idea for some of those papers that may be a bit busy, love your choice of dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous Ann! The colors on them are brilliant!! We just got back from vacation and I'm now playing catch up on blogging. I've missed lots of beautiful cards here. You've been one busy gal! I'm looking forward to getting back to crafting this week.

    ReplyDelete