Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Rainbow Easter Joy


This is most likely going to be the Easter card I send my parents.  

To make the card, I cut two of the second largest die in the Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles set on white cardstock.  An easy way to assemble the two pieces to make an actual card is to hinge them together.  I cut a piece of white cardstock measuring 1 1/2" x 3 1/4" and scored it in half horizontally:


Put double sided tape on the hinge above and below the score line but don't cover the score line.  Place the hinge up against the very top of one of the octagon shapes, then line up the bottoms of both octagons, making sure the edges all line up perfectly, then press down on the adhesive on the hinge.



You now have an octagon shaped card base.

To decorate the front of the card, I cut out the decorative frame of the Sue Wilson die set in white but didn't adhere it until the center area was done.  I cut out the smallest octagon shaped die on the rainbow paper.  I adhered the Praying Hands and cut off any that hung off the bottom edge and then adhered the decorative frame on the card.  Finally I adhered the Easter Joy words.




I used the following dies on my card:  Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles, Dee's Distinctively Praying Hands, Impression Obsession Easter Joy, Rainbow paper found on Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ann! That lovely rainbow background works perfectly with this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sure your parents will love it, the pastel colors are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! The color are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete