Friday, May 19, 2017

Ellen Hutson May Pin-Sights Challenge

Banner-PIN-sights

It's time for the May Pin-Sights Challenge at Ellen Hutson.   The Pin-Sights Challenge is an inspirational-based challenge held on the 3rd Thursday of each month and is based on a Pinterest inspired piece.   Below is this month's inspiration board:

1f7b887173cd884f0fd10b2aadfddcee

For my first card, I chose to use both the colors and the flowers in the inspiration piece.



I used the following Essentials by Ellen products on this card:

Brushstroke Hello, Folk Hearts, Bold Blooms Stamp set

I stamped the Bold Blooms on to some pink and purple cardstock using my MISTI so I could get really good coverage with the clear stamps.  I then manually cut them out and stamped the leaves from the same set using some Peeled Paint Distress ink.

The background was made using the largest die in the Folk Hearts set then cutting the next size die right into that heart for a frame effect.  I cut out the word Hello once in black and again in kraft so I could layer them.  I added a few pink and purple sequins for a shiny effect.

I'm entering my card in the challenge.  You have until May 30th to play along.  Just be sure to use Essentials by Ellen products on your entry.  All the details of the challenge can be found here.

I'm also entering this first card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  A Bit of Sparkle (sequins on my card)


I liked the inspiration board so much that I decided to make a second card using the same Essentials by Ellen products but arranging them differently.


The only difference is the little ladybug that I added which came from Michaels.

I'm entering this second card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Home Sweet Home (the ladybug lives in the flowers and is also "right at home" munching away at the aphids.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards! Those bold flowers are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete