Monday, May 22, 2017

Staying Inside the Lines


This is not my typical kind of card but it was fun making something different.  I'm entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Little Critters.  My critter is the Dragonfly.



I started off by cutting the Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire die out of silver foil cardstock then trimming it down to the desired shape.  I then embossed the  card front with the Sue Wilson Dotty Daisy EF and applied some Patina gilding wax to the entire paper, pressing harder on the flat surfaces that were in between the embossed areas.

Then came the coloring part.........I used gel pens to fill in the leaves and flowers from the embossing.  Next I adhered two of the Sue Wilson Laurel Leaves and two of the Dandelion Clocks.  The three white flowers are by Nellie Snellen.

The Frantic Stamper Dragonfly Pair was cut with aqua and copper foiled cardstock.

Here's a list of the dies I used:

Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire, Sue Wilson Dotty Daisy EF, SW Dandelion Clocks, SW Laurel Leaves, Frantic Stamper Dragonfly Pair, Creative Expressions Patina gilding wax, gel pens, Nellie Snellen Flower 2.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann



2 comments:

  1. What a great collage look to this card! The aqua and copper foiled dragonfly is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Ann...love the background and your copper butterfly is gorgeous...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete