Thursday, June 15, 2017

Embossing Vellum While in your Dies


When I saw the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp was Embossing, it gave me the perfect opportunity to finally use some vellum with my Sue Wilson dies.  I had been wanting to use the vellum and emboss it with a stylus while the vellum was still in the die, leaving these beautiful white lines.  With all the hand embossing that I was doing, my hands were a little tired, but I wish I had put a more intricate frame around the card such as one of Sue Wilson's Ornate Pierced Rectangles or Squares.

I used the following products:  Sue Wilson Striped Nasturtiums, SW Exquisite Poppy, SW Perfect Peony Complete Petals, SW Camilla Complete Petals, SW Faux Quilled Blooms, Cuttlebug EF, Vellum from Hobby Lobby

I'd also like to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Touchy Feely

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Ann! The flowers turned out just beautiful!!! Did you use colored vellum, or did you color it yourself??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I bought the vellum already colored from Hobby Lobby.

      Delete
  2. Those flowers turned out awesome! I will have to try that...such a pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look beautiful and such a lovely result.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Awesome technique! Thanks so very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful card Ann and what a great idea to emboss the flowers while still in the dies...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete