Thursday, June 15, 2017

Guest Designing at Ellen Hutson

I was chosen to fill a guest spot on the Ellen Hutson Design Team for June's Pin-Sights Challenge

 The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the Pin-Sights Challenge Board as inspiration. 



I was thankful they chose me for June's challenge;  I love these colors and could easily make a floral card.  Here's my card based on this challenge board:


This is a Double Dutch fold card. 

 The heart is part of the Essentials by Ellen Folk Heart die set.  I cut the Brushstroke Hello die into the top yellow layer then filled in the center of the "e" and "o" with the leftover bits.   I stamped some solid flowers from the Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms.  My Misti came in handy here because I had to stamp the solid blooms about 3 times with Distress Inks in order to get the dark color I wanted.  I used Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Spun  Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade.

When you lift the top flap with the heart on it, inside there are two side panels which I decorated with the solid floral stamps and two larger panels:




I decorated the two bigger panels inside the card with the spiral looking rose stamps which are also part of the Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms.  After stamping them with my Misti and various Distress Inks, I manually cut the images out.    The stamp "I Love You" is from the Essentials by Ellen Amazing Women set.



The back of the card looks like this:


I used a different stamp from the Amazing Women set on the back.  It says "You are beautiful inside and out".    There is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers on how to make this card.

Good luck with the challenge.  I can't wait to see all the entries.   Thank You Ellen Hutson for allowing me this opportunity to guest design for you.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann


3 comments:

  1. Oh Ann, this is gorgeous! Congratulations on your guest design spot! The inspiration photo is just filled with beautiful colors and your card is a wonderful representation of it. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty flowers, great use of all the colors in the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your GDT gig, Ann! Well deserved! Your card is fabulous! I'm not much of a paper engineer, and always marvel at these types of beautifully crafted cards. Your colorful flowers glow radiantly in contrast to the classic B&W background. Wonderful card, Ann! xx

    ReplyDelete