Sunday, July 23, 2017

Magenta and Gold -- 2 Cards


I have a bunch of this white and gold foil embossed paper that was on clearance at a local craft store years ago but didn't know how to use it since it has such a busy pattern.  Today I figured I would try blending some ink on it to fill in the white and give it a new look.  I used some Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Ink in Decadent Wine and blended it in with a Smoothie.  Here's what the paper looked like ahead of time:



After the blending ink dried, I ran the paper through my Cuttlebug with the KaiserCraft Tiny Roses embossing folder to give it some dimension.

I also used the Decadent Wine ink on a piece of shimmery white cardstock for the center of the circle.

Here's another card I made with the same paper and blending ink.  You can see how the blending ink dries a lot lighter than it looks when applied.




The top panel is what the paper looks like after the blending ink has dried and the bottom one shows how bold the color is when it goes on and hasn't dried yet.

For the second card, I ran the inked up paper through my Cuttlebug with the Stampin' Up Square Lattice EF then sanded it down slightly.  The butterfly in the second card is by Frantic Stamper.


Products Used on card 1:  Spellbinders Beaded Circles, Sue Wilson Stitched Flags and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B, Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Ink Decadent Wine, DCWV Gold Foil Cardstock, Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterflies #1 with Angel Wings, KaiserCraft Tiny Roses EF, Creative Expressions Smoothie, sequins and unknown stamp

Now that I know this paper looks better with some color to it, I'll be using it more often.

I'm entering the first card in Word Art Wednesday's Anything Goes Challenge


Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann



4 comments:

  1. What a great use of ink and old paper, Ann! I love the rich magenta color you achieved. It's quite elegant. Your dry embossing is especially beautiful on these papers. Lovely card. Thanks for the tip, now to discover what blending ink is LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~ The results on your techniques are stunning! both cards are so pretty! What a great way to enhance printed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, I just love the gold accents with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Ann. The gold is beautiful, and I'm sure it's even more lovely in person when the light hits the gold and shimmers. Thanks so much for playing along with us. I appreciate it SO much.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete