Monday, July 24, 2017

More Decadent Wine and Gold Cards


If you saw my earlier post, you know that I've been using some blending ink to change the color of some pattern paper I had.  I'm using Decadent Wine Color Cloud Blending Ink by Cosmic Shimmer.  To apply the ink, I find using a Smoothie by Creative Expressions allows the ink to spread across the paper without leaving streaks.

The above card was made using the Frantic Stamper Monarch Butterfly die and the Stampin' Up Square Lattice EF.  I sanded down the embossed area for a distressed look.  Both the top embossed layer and embossed gold layer of the card were inked with Decadent Wine Blending Ink.

The card below was made with a few leftovers from other cards.  I colored the white and gold embossed paper with the Decadent Wine ink then simply punched out some Cosmos flowers and Fronds with my Martha Stewart punches.  The circular frames are leftover from the Impression Obsession All in One Frames -- circles.  The flower centers are a Stampin Up tiny flower punch on gold foil cardstock with an enamel dot in the center from Joann.com.



I'm entering the first card in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.

Thanks for taking a look and leaving some feedback if you wish ~ Ann

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How gorgeous these are, Anne! I love your round theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Ann!! I never thought of trying to apply ink to the embossed card stock to change the color. That way it could match any color scheme! I am going to have to try that! Yours turned out beautiful!! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards Ann! The gold really makes these classy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete