Friday, July 21, 2017

Warm Wishes Money Card


This is the front of the card when folded up


This is what the inside looks like


Do you remember as a kid always getting these money cards from relatives at Christmas time?  This brings back memories for me as one of my Grandmothers always gave us money this way.  Instead of tucking the envelope in our stockings, it would be clipped to the back of the tree so my father could reach around and pull them off to hand to us after our presents had all been opened.

They are actually very easy to make and can be embellished however you want.

Tutorial:

Start off with a piece of fairly heavy duty cardstock cut down to 8.5 x 9".

Place the paper on a scoring board with the 9" side along the top horizontally.  
Score at 3 1/4 and 6 1/2".

Turn the paper so the 8" side is at the top now and score at 1" all the way down.

Use your scissors and cut along the 1" score line, starting at the 3 1/4 end of the paper, until you get to the 6 1/2 " score line.  Do not cut beyond the 6 1/2" line.  You will be left with a little flap that will be adhered later to hold the money in the card.  Fold all your score lines.


Place your paper on a paper trimmer so the 9" side is across the top and trim off a diagonal piece starting from the bottom right edge of the tab and go up to the top of the 9" side so you are removing only about 3/4 of an inch at the top.

Put some adhesive on the folded over flap so it will stick to the middle section of your card when folded.


Now you can embellish the card however you want.  I used some Christmas paper with northern stars on it and added a top layer with the words "Warm Wishes" on it.  I cut the words twice out of heavy glitter paper and layered them on top of each other for more dimension.


I'm not sure what I want to stamp on the inside of the card yet, so I left it blank for now.

Tuck some money into the bottom flap and your card is done.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:








Products Used:  Frantic Stamper Warm Wishes die, cardstock from my stash, glitter paper from JoAnn Fabric

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you try making this card yourself.  Leave me a comment if you care, letting me know if the tutorial was successful for you.

~~ Ann









5 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing the template of how you made this, Ann! I love the way it flaps over as a single piece, yet has that clean folded edge on the left. It was always fun receiving money, wasn't it? I loved packages and mail of any sort. Your recipient will be delighted! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I like how you slanted it inside! Bold red and eye catching! ! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift card Ann :-) I love the starry design on the front and I am sure whoever receives this will love it! I need to make a few of these! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Thanks for sharing this at Scor-Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafthazelnut's Patterned Paper. Hope to see you next time.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete