Saturday, August 12, 2017

30 Days of Diemond Dies -- Day 12


This is a 5 x 6.5" pocket card made with the following Diemond Dies:







To make the card, I started off with a kraft card base measuring 6.5" x 10" and folded it in half.

Then I cut a piece of Doodlebug purple gingham paper measuring 4.5" x 6" and inked around the edges with some dark purple ink.  I adhered that piece to my card front.

For the pocket, I took another piece of double sided gingham paper measuring 4.5" x 6" and folded down the top right corner to line it up with the left edge of the paper.  I also inked around the edges of this piece of paper with purple ink.

To adhere this pocket piece to your card, be sure you leave enough room to tuck in your seed packet.

To make the flower, I cut three of the largest Pretty Petals and adhered them with glue but staggering the petals so they didn't line up on top of each other.  The brown center of the flower is made using three of the smallest Pretty Petals flower, adhering them on top of each other, and pressing a stylus into the center to form a cup.  The leaves are made using the Martha Stewart branch punch.

The Garden Tools were made by cutting them all on a piece of silver foiled cardstock which I dabbed with a rust colored alcohol ink.  I rubbed some of the color off with a piece of sandpaper for a distressed look.  Next I cut just the handles of each tool with brown paper and adhered them onto the existing tool handles.

After cutting a stitched rectangle out of Core'dinations paper, I sanded the edges and adhered two of the garden tools.

This is a great kind of card to make for anyone who likes gardening but you could also tuck a tag or gift card into the pocket instead of a seed packet. 


Diemond Dies will be having a new project posted on their Facebook page for 30 days.  They will also being doing several random drawing giveaways so be sure to "Like" their Facebook page and leave comments on the designer's projects for your chance to win.

You can use code ddag to receive a 20% discount off all dies in the store and to get FREE shipping in the US and International on purchases of $20 or more.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Ann, this is darling! What a sweet seed pack and a fun gift to give to a gardener. I've never heard of these dies before. I'm off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty!! Love all the intricate details along with all the Diemond Dies used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! Or should I say "die-lightful"! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgoodness I love this card! What a awesome idea. Hugs

    ReplyDelete