Thursday, August 3, 2017

Lemon Popsicle


This card was put together as a result of several different challenges in mind:

MFT Sketch Challenge #344 with this sketch:



And these challenges:





I started off by cutting the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame on a diagonal and paper piecing the MFT Farm Fresh Gingham papers with it.  I used a mini splatter stamp to add the orange splatters on the orange background paper.  I wanted the splatters there but to be subtle.  Then I cut two of the longest sides of the Stitched Rectangle Scallop and used just those long sides for the top of the card.

    


For the popsicle, I chose yellow to match the gingham paper even though I don't think I've ever seen a yellow popsicle in real life.  To make the "bite" in the popsicle, I used a mini flower punch by Stampin' Up.

Products Used:  MFT Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame, MFT Die-Namics Stitched Oval STAX, MFT Die-Namics Sweet Treats, MFT Farm Fresh Gingham, Sue Wilson Stitched Flags, Mini Ink Splatter stamp by Your Next Stamp.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann

10 comments:

  1. Great colors and such a sweet and delicious card! Love this Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, yummy, Ann! I love the colors you have chosen, and your imaginative take on the sketch. That stamp set is fantastic! With the citrusy colors, I thought you might have made a creamsicle! LOL but a lemon popsicle sounds great - especially in this heat! Wonderful papers, too. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a card using this same technique, I have been seeing all these cards with that border and tried to make it myself, love the fun summer time colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card Ann, love it! My fave popsicle is banana which is yellow ;) so I really loved your yellow popsicle card, its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is adorable Ann and that popsicle looks so good...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Ann :-) the ice lolly looks yummy and as I am in the middle of a heatwave an icy lemon would go down a treat right about now ;-) Love the papers and layout too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great summer card - makes me wish I had a popsicle in my hand right now. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this summery card and the layout is great too! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, lovely image and papers. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craftyhuzelnut's Patterned Paper, we hope to see you back again. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete